Our first event of the year, the Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo will take place on Thursday March 7th – and we’d love to hear from more voices within our community.
The theme is all about ‘Making Meaningful Change’. Following the success of our previous Careers Expo centred around ‘Empowering Change’, we aim to delve even deeper into how all of us – studios and organisations, plus individuals – can create tangible and lasting transformations to support women in games.
Why ‘Making Meaningful Change’?
Our 2024 event revolves around the idea that small actions, when combined with a community-based approach, can lead to substantial and tangible results. We believe that every individual and organisation can contribute to creating a more inclusive and diverse gaming industry, regardless of their scale or resources. Here are some key points we’d like to explore:
- Community-Based Approach: How can we work together as a community to drive positive change within the gaming industry? Share your experiences and strategies.
- Tangible Results: We’re interested in hearing about initiatives and efforts that have yielded concrete outcomes. Whether it’s increasing gender diversity in your workplace or improving the overall industry culture, your stories matter.
- Supporting Women in the Workplace: Even if your organisation isn’t currently hiring, we want to know how you’re actively supporting women within your workplace. Share your best practices and ideas.
- Recognising Accomplishments: Highlighting your accomplishments is essential, especially when applying for jobs. How do you effectively showcase your achievements to stand out?
- Taking Action, No Matter the Scale: We believe that even small steps can contribute to more significant, long-term goals. Share your stories of taking action, no matter how small, and how it led to meaningful change.
- Celebrating Colleagues: Have you witnessed a colleague’s outstanding achievements in the gaming industry? We want to hear about it. Celebrating and recognising each other’s accomplishments is a crucial aspect of promoting change.
- Changing Careers: Have you successfully transitioned to a different role within the gaming industry, applying the skills you’ve acquired along the way? Your experiences and insights can inspire others looking to make a change.
Speaking at the Event
Would you like to speak at our Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo, or do you know a colleague who has valuable insights to share? Don’t let fear of public speaking hold you back; our team can provide coaching and support. Taking this step is a tangible way to contribute to the community. At the Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo, we provide a safe and welcoming space for all voices. Whether you have a story of personal growth, organisational change, or industry innovation, we want to hear from you. Together, we can create a more inclusive and diverse gaming industry that continues to evolve and thrive.
Apply to speak at the event or nominate a colleague whose insights can inspire and empower by simply emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Event
The Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo is held twice a year and is a popular event for our community, attracting 1,000 women and allies from around the world. It is a fully day event that covers all time zones and features speaker and panel sessions, along with a virtual Expo Area where studios and other companies host virtual booths where they will discuss career opportunities within their organisations, as well as providing talks and advice clinics. The virtual networking aspect of the event is also hugely beneficial. Attendance is free and registration will open shortly, so please keep an eye on our social channels.
If you are a studio or other organisation and would like to host a virtual booth at the Expo, please email email@example.com.
Join us on Thursday March 7th, as we embark on the journey of ‘Making Meaningful Change’ in games. Let’s make 2024 a year of transformation and progress together.