We are delighted that Dovetail Games is supporting this week’s Careers & Networking Expo as Headline Sponsor.
The second Women in Games Careers & Networking Expo is imminent(Wednesday November 10th – 8am to 10pm GMT) and, with over 1,000 individuals registered, we’re looking forward to a full day of speaker sessions, expo meetings and discussion, plus plenty of peer-to-peer networking.
If you haven’t yet registered, make sure you don’t miss out. Simply click here to claim your free ticket.
Dovetail Games has long been a strong supporter of Women in Games and this latest news further demonstrates its commitment to the organisation and community.
Women in Games CEO Marie-Claire Isaaman offered: “We are delighted and honoured that Dovetail Games is sponsoring the Women in Games Careers & Networking Expo. With a strong line-up of inspiration speakers, a highly interactive virtual expo area and with around 1,000 registrations, the day looks set to be a great success. We thank Dovetail Games for their support and look forward to seeing everyone there.”
Jon Rissik, Dovetail Games’ CEO added: “We are proud to continue our strong relationship with Women In Games, as we embark on new working practices with our ‘work where you work best’ initiative, which offers existing employees and new joiners the opportunity to work remotely or at our warehouse-style HQ situated on the banks of the River Medway in the heart of the Chatham Historic Dockyard. As we expand our headcount and grow our business, attending important events such as the Career and Networking Expo gives us the opportunity to meet wonderful existing and new female talent from across the industry.”
Here’s what you can look forward to at the event…
Women in Games Careers & Networking Expo Speaker Sessions Itinerary (all times GMT)
- 08.05-08.15: Welcome – Marie-Claire Isaaman, CEO, Women in Games
- 08.15-08.45: Making Remote Work Work – It’s Not Just About The Tech – Helen Fitzhugh, UEA Researcher into HR Practices, University of East Anglia
- 08.45-09.15: Booths & Networking
- 09.15-09.45: My Story – Steph Marcus, Lead UX/UI Designer, Sprung Studio
- 09.45-10.15: Booths & Networking
- 10.15-10.45: In Conversation – Donna Morrison, People & Culture Manager, Gram Games & Sharon Tolaini-Sage, Women in Games
- 10.45-11.15: Booths & Networking
- 11.15-11.45: Spotlight on Game Programming – My Story – Alice Middleton, Programmer, The Multiplayer Guys
- 11.45-12.15: Booths & Networking
- 12.15-13.15: Lunch Break
- 13.15-13.45: My Story – Sofia da Silva, Environment Artist, Gunzilla Games
- 13.45-14.15: Booths & Networking
- 14.15-14.45: My Story – Hollie Bennett, Head of Influencers & Development, Frontier Developments
- 14.45-15.15: Booths & Networking
- 15.15-15.45: My Story – Sandra Castro, Journalist, Tan Grande Y Jugando
- 15.45-16.15: Booths & Networking
- 16.15-16.45: My Story – Jade Cavanagh, Events & Social Manager, London Esports
- 16.45-17.15: Booths & Networking
- 17.15-17.45: My Story – Kate Edwards, CEO, Geogrify
- 17.45-18.15: Break
- 18.15-18.45: My Story – Elizabeth Loverso, VP Product Development, Red Storm Entertainment
- 18.45-19.15: Booths & Networking
- 19.15-19.45: Mental Wellness At Work – Eve Crevoshay, Executive Director, Take This
- 19.45-20.15: Booths & Networking
- 20.15-20.45: Heather Bales, Game Product Owner, Big Fish Games
- 20.45-21.45: Booths & Networking
The Virtual Expo
The Careers & Networking Expo is being hosted on the highly-intuitive Hopin platform, meaning delegates can visit booths and meeting with studios. Our booth holders include:-
- Cloud Imperium
- Dovetail Games
- GINX TV
- Grads in Games
- Putting The G Into Gaming
- Riot Games
- Safe in our World
- Sports Interactive
- Star Stable
- Sumo Group
- Virtuos Games
Meanwhile, Networking is key for anyone looking to build their career. To that end, our virtual platform Hopin offers dedicated networking spaces: You can search the event for those you might know who are attending; you can explore the networking roulette space and meet new contacts; and even arrange one-to-one meetings.
Register for your free ticket here.