Women in Games is a not-for-profit organisation and most of the work we do, and the initiatives and opportunities we create for women and girls, is free at the point of access for our community – whether that’s career development advice, introductions to recruiters, personal development, networking or more.
This past year has been a busy one for Women in Games:
- The launch of the first Women in Games international Chapter in Asia
- The publication of the Women in Games Guide: Building A Fair Playing Field
- Presentations of the Women in Games Guide around Europe
- A significant increase in the size of our community – we now have over 1,000 Individual Ambassadors in 70+ countries, along with more than 50 Corporate and Education Ambassadors
- Hosting events throughout the year, including the Careers & Networking Expo, the Women in Games Annual Conference, the Women in Games Global Awards and more
We have many more plans and initiatives lined up for 2023 and beyond, including additional research and data gathering to support our goals, the creation of safe spaces for women and girls in the workplace and online, the opening of new Global Chapters, plus additional events that will support women and girls in their career development.
It was well documented in the Rose Review that women entrepreneurs could boost the UK Economy by £250bn and we have long observed that this should be a priority in the games and esports sector, so we are launching a series of Investment and Entrepreneurship Forums to develop knowledge and skills that will encourage women to secure investment funds and back their growth to scale up.
There is an urgent need for continued change in games and esports. We are passionate and dedicated to changing the picture and evolving the sector for the good of all. We have the connections, networks and the expertise – but we need your help.
Your support is key to our ability to keep moving the needle towards a fair playing field. So this Month of Giving we are asking you to make a donation to help us achieve our goals.
Your donation will help to support our work, including:
- Creating safe spaces for girls and women, both in the workplace and online
- Career development – practical advice and introductions to recruiters
- Free and low-cost events to bring our community together for learnings & inspiration
- The launch of additional Women in Games Global Chapters
- Vital networking events that allow women at all levels to meet
- Development of our Creative Leadership Labs initiative
- Data and measuring diversity impact
If you would like to know more about donating to Women in Games and what your support means to our community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Women in Games Donations’
Get behind us so we can effectively propel our award-winning activities and impacts forward. Please donate today.