Financial incentives worth £30,000, potential follow-on investment, access to lucrative new markets – and the chance to help the world make a better place – are all on offer to game creators in the Interactive Futures for Sustainable Fashion Challenge. But you need to act swiftly as the deadline closes next Monday (January 15th).
The Interactive Futures, Sustainable Fashion challenge (IFSF) is an ambitious open innovation competition from Future Fashion Factory – in association with the Applied Games Lab, a spin-out initiative from InGAME, the UK’s dedicated centre for research and innovation in games and media enterprise and supporter of Women in Games. Its mission is to harness the potential of game design and game technologies to innovate novel solutions to a global societal challenge: empowering fashion consumers to encourage the fashion and textile industries to develop more robust sustainability practices and credentials.
The Interactive Futures Sustainable Fashion Challenge is funded by the Future Fashion Factory, a central pillar of the Leeds Institute of Textiles and Colour (LITAC), and is a collaborative, multi-disciplinary research institute addressing global challenges in fashion, textiles and colour through innovation, research and teaching.
Successful participants in the Interactive Futures Sustainable Fashion Challenge will innovate novel solutions that help solve a global societal challenge by increasing understanding and awareness, driving positive behavioural change and enabling the widespread adoption of sustainable practices in the fashion and textile industries that are kinder to our planet and our future.
Other benefits include:
- £5,000 to develop a concept and pitch
- An additional £25,000 to participate in the IFSF Incubator. This is an eight-week programme where participants develop imaginative concepts into compelling prototypes. The focus will be on getting from the ‘big idea’ to something that proves the concept and can be meaningfully interacted with. Prototypes will then be pitched and showcased to industry leaders in June 2024. Incubator participants will be supported throughout the process.
- Work with the Applied Games Lab – developed by the award-winning InGAME, the UK’s R&D centre for games innovation – and Future Fashion Factory, plus experts from the fashion and textiles sector.
- Retain the rights to all the IP brought and created in the competition.
- Experience a learning journey that helps develop other critical competencies – such as strategy, communication, investor readiness.
This open call is open to applicants from the games and immersive content sectors plus adjacent media industries. All applicants simply need to prove eligibility, capacity and demonstrate their competencies and track record as requested.
Sole traders and companies of all sizes from the UK are invited to take the challenge. Here’s what you need to do:
- Register interest at Interactive Futures for Sustainable Fashion Challenge page – https://futurefashionfactory.org/ifsf/
- Read the guidance provided.
- Complete the Expression of Interest application and submit a Pitch Deck
Challenge Closing Date: January 15th, 17:00 GMT