Women in Games has announced an expansion of its awards in 2021. With a 10 year history of awards, Women in Games would like to welcome all the women who are working and participating in competitive gaming and esports, with a full suite of awards designed to celebrate all those contributing to the development of an open and transformative esports sector.
Who has impressed or inspired you in competitive gaming and esports? Who are the people on stage or behind the scenes that you would like to see given an award for their talent and professionalism? Who are the campaigners, journalists and community groups that are showcasing the growth of women in a male dominated sector? What are the initiatives at both university and a professional level that are especially inclusive, starting to widen the talent pipeline for on stage, back stage and business talent?
See our full list of gaming and esports categories below and, for further details and to enter, go to our dedicated awards website at: https://the.wigglobalawards.com/
- Most Influential Esports Campaigner
- Most Influential Esports Host
- Most Influential Esports Shoutcaster or Analyst
- Most Influential Esports Twitch Streamer
- Most Influential Esports Writer or Journalist
- Most Influential Gaming Community Group or Network
- Most Influential Gaming Community Manager
- Most Valuable Esports Player
- Favourite Female Gaming Protagonist of the Year
- University or College Games or Esports Diversity Initiative
- Favourite All-Female or Mixed Esports League or Tournament
- Most Inclusive Esports Initiative – Project or Structure
The timetable for the 2021 Awards is as follows:
Deadline for Entries: 11 July
Main Judging Opens: 16 July – 8 August
Finalists Announced and Public Voting Opens: 13 August
The Awards Ceremony is on 18 September 2021 and is part of the Women in Games Festival.
Marie-Claire Isaaman, CEO of Women in Games, commented:
“Our new awards in gaming and esports build on 10 years of experience and will play an important role in celebrating the achievements of women and organisations working in the gaming and esports sector from all over the world. Please support and showcase the women, groups and initiatives that you know to bring more focus to the amazing talent in this transforming and growing industry. Nominations close on 11 July. I urge you to go to our Awards website and nominate the women and organisations that you admire for an award and don’t be shy, you can also nominate yourself!”