The Women in Games Conference takes place virtually, via Hopin, on Wednesday September 15th and Thursday September 16th, and provides a forum to inspire, inform and connect women working in the games industry throughout the world.
Do you have expertise, insight or opinions that you’d like to share with our audience? Would you like to get involved? We’d like to invite members of our community to take part in this important event.
Our focus on Interconnectivity examines subjects affecting women in games around the world. If you would like to contribute to one of the themes below, we would love to hear from you:-
- Mission Possible: One of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals is to Achieve Gender Equality & Empower all Girls & Women. How can the games industry rise to this challenge?
- The Last Taboo: What can studios do to support women during menstruation, pregnancy, maternity and menopause?
- Confronting Toxicity and Harassment: In the online space
- Confronting Toxicity and Harassment: In the workplace
- Girls Get Global: How do we get more young girls engaged with games and tech through education, outreach, mentoring and more?
- Advocates: What can male advocates do to support gender equality and diversity?
- Moving on Up: What can be done to enable and encourage more women to join the top tiers of esports?
- The Metaverse: It’s here but what is it? An exploration of this space, what it means for society, how best to use it, shape it and engage with it.
- The Power of Protagonists: An artist’s view of creating female characters
If you would like to propose yourself or a colleague as a speaker who has knowledge to share on one of these selected subjects, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line Conference Speaker.