CAREERS, DEVELOPMENT & NETWORKING EXPO: SUMO GROUP
Teams from across Sumo Group are busy preparing for the 2023 Women in Games Careers Expo with participants from studios including Auroch Digital, Atomhawk and Canada-based Timbre Games involved in a range of panels at the Sumo Group booth from 10am – 6pm.
Some of the panel topics on offer this year include Imposter Syndrome, Women in Leadership, Neurodiversity in Marginalised Genders and deep dives into disciplines including Code, Art and Design. Georgina Cornelius and Sara Machado from Sumo’s Talent Acquisition team will also be on hand to answer questions and share information on opportunities at Sumo Group.
Sumo’s Diversity Champions for Prism’s Women stream Alice Liguori, Emily Cook, Inês Lagarto, Esha Mahadkar, and Danielle Viljoen said: “We love having the opportunity to bring together incredible women and marginalised genders from our studios globally to share their stories and lived experiences, give advice to aspiring candidates and volunteer their time to help shape the future of Sumo!”
Leon Killin, Head of Inclusion and Belonging at Sumo Group added: “The Women in Games Careers Expos are important dates in the Sumo calendar, and we look forward to seeing everyone on the 9th of March when we host a day-long series of panels and talks on topics close to their hearts!”
The Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo takes place virtually on Thursday March 9thon the Hopin platform. The day has been designed to cover all time zones, running from 8.00am till 9.15pm GMT.
The Careers, Development & Networking Expo is free to attend, and delegates from around the world will be given the opportunity to:
- Learn about the career options available in games and esports, and get advice on how to take those first steps on their journeys in the industry
- Gain advice and inspiration about career progression and development, for those already working in the sector
- Be inspired by the stories and advice from international speakers
- Attend ‘AMA’ (Ask Me Anything) sessions which will discuss the full spectrum of careers and disciplines on offer in games
- Meet with studios and other games companies who are currently hiring
- Network with women, girls and allies from around the world via the event platform’s networking function
To register for free for the Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo, click here.
To find out more about hosting a booth at the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org