Stellar Entertainment – which boasts studios in the UK and Netherlands – is encouraging animators in the Women in Games community to consider a role as a Lead Animator at the company.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Animator, who is skilled in a broad range of animation styles and capable of creating dynamic and compelling animation (including hand-keyed and/or motion capture based) as required by the project.
As a Lead Animator, you will be responsible for driving the team to conceive, prototype, and implement exciting game-play features and sequences, collaborating with the Art Director and Art Leads to strive for consistent quality animations across the game.
Within This Role You Will
- Collaborate with the Art Director in realising the animation style and direction for the project
- Work in close collaboration with the game designers and programmers to understand the direction, quality, objectives, game-play intentions in order to communicate them to the team.
- Work with the production team to define, schedule, prioritise, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables across all the stages of the project.
- Create clear documentation of approaches, both technical and creative for animation
- Maintain a keen interest in industry wide developments and advancement in technology to ensure project pipelines stay up to date
- Be able to adapt to a variety of styles as the projects demand
- Define, prioritise, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regard to deliverables
- Provide detailed input during the character and vehicle creation process, from concept to modelling to final rigging, identifying character and vehicle performance and functionality requirements
- Ensure that all work follows the quality artistic standards required by the project.
- A minimum of 7 years of character animation experience in video games – this role is the lead in animation and needs the experience and expertise behind them.
- Proficiency in UE4/5 and experience with game Engines
- A strong understanding of modern video game animation systems
- Detail oriented, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to receive, seek and provide constructive criticism
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Demonstrable experience in creating animation of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for game mechanics
- Knowledge of at least one major 3D package (i.e. Maya or 3DSMax)
- Industry Experience: AAA game’s experience
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Great increasing holiday benefits including Christmas Shutdown
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Plan including dental and optical support, mental health, online GP
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Flu Jab Vouchers
- Regular Team Incentives and Social Events
- Brand new Guildford office – Feb 2023
- Opportunities to work with our Netherlands office
Apply here – https://apply.workable.com/stellar-entertainment/j/E893FEE596/apply/
And find out more about other career opportunities at Stellar Entertainment here.