Sumo Digital’s Vancouver studio Timbre Games is hosting an important presentation during this week’s Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo – and we urge you to attend.
The studio will be hosting a session on A New Leader’s Journey (The Good, Bad and Sometimes Ugly) at 4pm-5pm GMT (8am-9am PST) within the Sumo Digital expo booth. Speakers include Lorie Corcuera, People & Belonging Director; Alexi Nijathaworn, Lead Producer; Lianna Scrimger, Lead Animator; Kat Neale, Lead Game Designer; Kass Krahn, Lead Artist.
Moving into a leadership role can be challenging. Studies have shown that the barriers for women are greater and therefore, our experience is unique. In this session, we’ll hear authentic stories from new leaders at Timbre Games navigating the path to leadership – what they’ve learned, how they’ve grown, what support they’ve needed to progress as new leaders, and where they are now today in these roles.
Founded in 2021 by Joe Nickols (EA Maxis), Zoë Curnoe (Women in Games Ambassador, The Coalition) and Geoff Coates (Relic Entertainment), Timbre Games was founded on a simple idea; make a world class studio that put accessibility and diversity at its core. The team truly live by the mantra that culture drives creativity, aiming to bring their own values into the experiences they make each and every day.
The Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo takes place virtually on Thursday March 9thon the Hopin platform. The day has been designed to cover all time zones, running from 8.00am till 9.15pm GMT.
The Careers, Development & Networking Expo is free to attend, and delegates from around the world will be given the opportunity to:
- Learn about the career options available in games and esports, and get advice on how to take those first steps on their journeys in the industry
- Gain advice and inspiration about career progression and development, for those already working in the sector
- Be inspired by the stories and advice from international speakers
- Attend ‘AMA’ (Ask Me Anything) sessions which will discuss the full spectrum of careers and disciplines on offer in games
- Meet with studios and other games companies who are currently hiring
- Network with women, girls and allies from around the world via the event platform’s networking function
To register for free for the Women in Games Careers, Development & Networking Expo, click here.
To find out more about hosting a booth at the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org