Time is running out to apply for the ONSIDE Gaming fund
ONSIDE Gaming is a fund that aims to support girls/women-led initiatives that promote and advocate for gender justice to and through esports and gaming.
The initiative works with individuals to channel financial and influencing resources to support girls and women who are taking action in local, global, and virtual communities to build an equal gaming ecosystem.
ONSIDE Gaming is a ‘pooled’ fund, anchored by contributions from funders and sponsors from around the globe. The primary recipients of grants will be girls and young women-led groups, which are working to advance gender justice in gaming and esports. Resources will be used by them to drive further momentum in women and girls’ participation in esports and gaming.
Priority will be given to girls/women-led groups and organisations serving underrepresented and marginalised communities. Moreover, ONSIDE Gaming fund will actively look to support all cis, trans, non-binary and all other underrepresented groups and communities such as black, indigenous, mestizas, people of colour, LBTIQ+, refugees, and migrant girls and women with or without disabilities.
As a fund, ONSIDE Gaming has set up processes that reflect a shared power structure, which includes distributing decision-making power through participatory governance structures that are ‘bottom-up’, and that aim to also intervene in existing disparities in power through ways of working and mechanisms of grant making.
ONSIDE Gaming will support individuals and grassroots organisations, collectives, groups, and cooperatives led by girls, women, and non-binary individuals, benefitting girls, women, and non-binary individuals in gaming and esports.
Groups and organisations:
- Can either be registered or unregistered
- Must have an annual operating budget of less than USD 150,000 for the past two fiscal years
- Leadership must be at least 60% of women and non-binary individuals
- Must identify as girl, woman, or non-binary
- Must be over the age of 18.
Priority will be given to
- Applications clearly led by girls, women, and non-binary individuals that demonstrate participatory models of leadership, including meaningful leadership roles and active decision-making functions for girls, women, and non-binary individuals
- Applications led by and benefitting more underrepresented and marginalised communities
Applications need to be made by December 17th, so register your proposal now.