The TIGA Games Industry Awards are back for 2023, with nominations now open for game developers and publishers, educators, technology and service providers, until midnight on July 31st.
So, if you’re a UK-based games studio, related company or educational institution, get your nominations in now. Women in Games was honoured to win the Diversity category in 2022.
The TIGA Games Industry Awards are divided into two groups: the ‘Games Awards’, which are open to the entire industry, and the ‘Business Of Games Awards’, which are reserved for TIGA members.
For 2023 TIGA is introducing three new categories to reflect key industry issues, including: ‘Commitment to ESG’; ‘Commitment to Workplace Wellbeing’; and ‘Accessibility in Games’.
There are also three special Awards: ‘Outstanding Employer 2023’ and ‘Outstanding Individual Of The Year’, which are chosen by TIGA; and ‘Game Of The Year’, which will once again be chosen by attendees of the awards ceremony.
The full list of awards are:
Game Awards (open to all)
- Social Game
- Casual Game
- Educational, Serious or Simulation Game
- Strategy Game
- Role Playing Game
- Puzzle Game
- Arcade Game
- Creativity In Games Award
- Heritage in Games Award
- VR/AR/XR/MR Game
- Action and Adventure Game
- Diversity Award
- Audio Design
- Visual Design
- Best Game as a Service
Business of Games Awards (open to TIGA members only)
- Outstanding Leadership Award
- Educational Institution
- Technology Partner or Provider
- Best Small Studio
- Best Large Studio
- Legal Services Supplier
- QA and/or Localisation Provider
- Recruitment Agency
- Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier
- Audio Services Supplier
- Tax and Accountancy Firm
- Technical Innovation
- Services Provider
- Education Initiative and Talent Development
- Employer of the Year 2023 (open to companies who have achieved the TIGA STAR accreditation)
- Outstanding Individual Award
- Commitment to ESG Award – NEW!!
- Commitment to Workplace Wellbeing – NEW!!
- Accessibility in Games – NEW!!
- Game of the Year
The shortlists and winners will be chosen by a panel of industry experts – except for the Game of the Year Award, which will once again be decided by ceremony attendees.
To enter or nominate, click here.