Like many, Women in Games is heartbroken to see the horrific situation taking place in Ukraine where we have many Ambassadors, colleagues, allies and friends.
It is clear that a humanitarian disaster is taking place before our eyes, and funds are needed to help people in the territory.
To that end, we are proud that our community is pulling together – spearheaded by Women in Games collaborator Charly Harbord – to host a Charity Stream for Ukraine event this Friday (March 18th).
There will be an incredible 13 hours of great content running from 11am to 12am GMT. During each Streamer’s session we will be giving away at least three games to viewers – choose from This War of Mine (11 Bit Studios), Serial Cleaners, Vampire: the Masquerade – Coteries of New Year and Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York (latter three from Draw Distance).
We will also be posting diary statements from Frogware, an amazing Ukrainian studio which is living through the conflict.
And we are delighted that Dominika Urbanska-Galanciak, Director of the Polish Association of Entertainment Software Developers and Distributors, will be presenting a statement during the stream.
All games and support have been provided by the Polish game studios 11-Bit Studios, Draw Distance, Klabater and Untold Games, plus Frogwares.
The schedule for the stream is (all times in GMT:
- 11.00-12.00: Makazemafuu playing What lies in the Multiverse
- 2.00-14.00: Lauren playing Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
- 14.00-16.00: iistalrii playing The Sinking City
- 16.00-17.00: iistalrii playing Serial Cleaner (and joined by the game’s developers)
- 17.00-20.00: BeesGoBzzz playing Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
- 20.00-22.00: Bhombberry playing This War of Mine
- 22.00-00.00 Women in Games Stream Team team fun!!!
Of course, we would love viewers to make a donation to the fund set up by the Ukrainian Government. We hope that as many of you as possible can join us on Friday at 11am. You can find the Women in Games Twitch channel here.